Octopus Pie - 5pts

 I found this comic very interesting and easy to understand. The only thing I had a problem with was that the whole thing seemed very unfortunate for the main character and she can never seem to catch a break. Nothing good ever happens but she just keeps going without being rewarded or fulfilled. The main character is pretty depressing and I much prefer Hanna over her. The comic is also very fast paced and I find it hard to understand what happened before moving on to the next problem. Like there's no "how does this make you feel" and no pause for the consequences. I thought a lot of things were pretty relatable though. There's a panel where Hanna and her boyfriend are talking to each other through pictochat on the nintendo DSI which is a major callback to my childhood and I was able to appreciate it.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Knight Returns - 4pts

Phoenix - 9pts

Watchmen - 4pts